December 9, 2013

Christmas Unwrapped ~ Day 9

Reminders

Erik
Reminds me that I am beautiful, 
just the way I am.

Bennett
Reminds me that it's ok to go from laughing to crying, 
both within the same breath.  
And that compassion is something inherent.
(in·her·ent, adjective, existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.)

Sawyer
Reminds me not to hesitate when an obstacle comes into your path...
 Instead, 
just plow right over it. 
Quite literally!
It may cause you to stumble a tiny bit, 
but you'll keep moving forward once you're past it.

My Dad
Reminds me that Dads are the best, 
and to cherish yours while he's still here.

My Mom
Reminds me that Moms are the best, 
and to cherish yours while she's still here.

My sister Emily
Reminds me of how cool it is to be "A Vogen" ;)
And to use humor at every chance you get!

My sister Shelby
Reminds me of... well, myself!
And we remind each other every March & September 
that it's time to get our engagement rings assessed :)

My sister-in-law Laurel
Reminds me that there are still people out there 
who will do anything 
out of genuine kindness 
to help brighten another person's day.

My residents in Long Term Care
Remind me that you don't need to be of the same opinion 
(or even be on the same topic) 
to have a 
really
 great
conversation 
with another person.

Fantasy Football
Reminds me that LIFE IS NOT PREDICTABLE.  
And that people who think they can make predictions, 
CANNOT.

Putting up Christmas Tree Lights
Reminds me that in life we may have to try 
three, or four, or five... 
or six 
or seven times 
before we get something right!

All those things,
Christmas included,
remind me 
that 
We are not in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment