December 8, 2013

Christmas Unwrapped ~ Day 8

"They may have forgotton their identity, 
but He hadn't"


I've been known to be "long-winded", and this post was heading in that direction today... so I decided to delete everything I was writing and just hope that "the simpler the better" approach will work best for conveying my message today... so here goes.

Beth Moore is an author who (among other things) wrote a 10-week bible study (for women only!) on the book of Esther, which my sister-in-law Laurel and I are currently taking part of here in Chewelah, along with six other amazing women.  

Something Beth wrote in one of the days of the study made me realize why I may have felt called to take on this 25-Christmas-blogs-in-a-row undertaking.

"We can become so steeped in our culture that we are almost indistinguishable from the world.  We too can lose our sense of identity and forget who we are.  Indeed, the fact that we can hide our Christianity assumes a certain amount of assimilation.  I believe one of God's purposes in this journey is to help us recapture both our identity and identification as His children- not so we can be obnoxious but so we can be influential."
~Beth Moore~



Happy 2nd Sunday in Advent everyone! 

I hope you are all warm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment