December 14, 2013

Christmas Unwrapped ~ Day 14

Forgiveness


Isaiah 1:18
"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."  

Snow fell overnight... 

not very much... 
not even as much as in Egypt...
but at least a little!

  Do you ever find it a bit unsettling when, after a night of fresh snow, you can see how much traffic there was by your house during the dark hours?  

Usually its only animal tracks, 
but have you ever seen 
human tracks 
go by your house 
in the snow? 

Unsettling. 
(To say the least!)

For me it just brings me back to reality.
It reminds me that i'm safe here, but not 100% safe.

I live in a world where there is evil and people do evil things.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.  
I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

So even though footprints through a fresh layer of snow reminds me of our fallen world, it also reminds me that we don't have to be a part of.

Yay!!!!

That white blanket over the earth represents a clean canvas.
For me.
For you.
For all of us.

And that clean canvas was given to us as a gift on Christmas morning.

When God sent his
 one and only son
to die...
to die........
to die.

I can't comprehend it.

Our sins were forgiven by death.

His only son.

Think about that while you listen to this beautiful song.

No comments:

Post a Comment