December 1, 2013

Christmas Unwrapped ~ Day 1

More than Candy

You all know those Christmas Countdowns where you open a little door each day and get a piece of chocolate candy every day for 24 days, and then you get a bigger piece of chocolate on day 25?!  
I want to do a Christmas Countdown like that for you, but instead of getting chocolate each day you are going to get a blog post!

I'm calling it "Christmas Unwrapped"... 
inspired from what gave me the idea for this undertaking, which was a quote I came across the other day (and fell in love with) by E.B. White:
 "To perceive Christmas through its wrapping becomes more difficult with every year."
 (I think this quote has a deeper meaning than what initially comes to mind!)


I don't have any set guidelines for what i'll blog about, it'll probably be whatever is on my mind that day, with Christmas at the heart of the post.

So it starts today, December 1st, which also happens to be the first Sunday of Advent!

Here is a writing about what Advent means, from the book "Peace" by Stephen J. Nichols:
"The word advent simply means coming.  The Advent season refers to the time that leads up to the coming of Christ at Christmas.  The church has traditionally set aside the four Sundays before Christmas as the season of Advent.  Sometimes people use Advent Wreaths and candles in the celebration."


So to all of you, my lovely blog followers :), Happy Advent Season, and Happy December... can't believe it's already here!  

I look forward to the next 24 days of bloggin with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment