October 30, 2013

My Grandpa Springer


Glen M. Springer
May 15th, 1923 - October 30, 2013 

"I know we're all feeling a little bit sad,
That we've lost our Grandpa, our friend and our dad...
Together we have cried an ocean of tears
As we feel so empty and hold many fears...
But Grandpa would want us to know he's in a good place
And that he watching us all with a smile on his face...
As we have made him so proud, as proud as can be
That he has raised such a beautiful and special family...
For me I am glad my little baby he got to meet
And for all of us, be grateful, his life is now complete...

To each one of us he has loved and cared
As a family we're thankful for the good times we shared...

Although he has gone we will always be together
And his spirit will live on in each one of us forever...


When you look to the sky, look for the brightest star
As that will be Grandpa looking down on us from afar."


[Ilona Blake]



Grandpa, 

Thank you for teaching me the great game of golf...
Thank you for setting us on your lap when we were little to read us the "funnies"...
Thank you for being an incredible example of unconditional love...
Thank you for taking us on walks in the woods of Wisconsin and helping us come up with a name for every single hill we went over...
Thank you for loving your wife the way a husband should...
Thank you for raising three sons in that love... your baby boy now extends that amazing love to me as my father...
Thank you for coming to support me at my basketball games, track meets, and golf tournaments...
Thank you for introducing me to the delicious combination that is peanut butter & syrup on bread...
Thank you for your humor, your laugh, your smile...
Thank you for trying so hard to remember Bennett's name but always calling him "Dennis" instead :)

Thank you for loving us all so deeply...

...We miss you deeply.


"We always thank God when we pray for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love that you have for all the saints, because of the hope laid up for you in heaven"
Colossians 1:3-5




4 comments:

  1. And now I'm a great big bundle of tears. So sweet. Praying for you, friend. Not an easy time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gretchen. Your prayers are much appreciated :)

      Delete
  2. I Am So Sorry For Your Loss Sweetheart! Your Words Have Me In Many Tears Of Both Sadness But Also Feel The Joy You Had With Him. Prayers For You And Your Family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing man. This brough tears to me hun....As it is a great loss you celebrate his life the great life he had! Thoughts are with you hun!!

    ReplyDelete