May 6, 2014

National Nurses Week!

"Loving God,
Today I seek to be a calming presence,
to know that in this moment the patient before me is the most important person in the world,
to look in the eye of another and give reassurance that regardless of the news, s/he is not alone,
to listen and hold sacred the story of the other,
to relieve apprehension and to ease the way of all I meet,
to model compassion and care in every interaction,
that in doing so, I may be faithful to your call to serve and
a source of transformation for the community."
   Amen

Written by Michele Sakurai
Director, Spiritual Care & Mission Integration, Providence Stevens County


I love being a NURSE for PROVIDENCE!
Especially at ST. JOSEPH'S LONG TERM CARE UNIT in
 CHEWELAH, WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!!!

"As People of Providence we reveal God’s love for all, 
especially the poor and vulnerable through our compassionate service."


Link: A “non-serving Christian” is a contradiction in terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment