October 15, 2014

"Praying for Boys": Mid-Month Discussion Question from Brooke McGlothlin


"Boys are just prone to pride, aren't they?  Whether it's hanging on the basketball rim after a slam dunk, wanting to drive the fastest car or truck, or joyfully sinking their brother's battleship, pride seems to be deeply ingrained in the hearts of boys.

And it's not all bad.

I actually like the idea of my boys taking pride in what they do.  When they set their minds to something, I want them to finish well, do the best they can, and encourage those around them to do the same.  I want them to win plenty of games, score plenty of goals, work hard for plenty of As, and earn plenty of promotions.

But I also want them to 
lose some, 
miss some, 
and fail some.

What do you think about the idea of wanting our children to fail sometimes?  Do you agree it is valuable?"

No comments:

Post a Comment