October 31, 2014

"Praying for Boys" ~ End of the Month Wrap-Up


"I don't really care 
anything 
about raising men who excel at 
everything.

My goal isn't to raise professional baseball players, 
or even the next president of the United States.  

My prayer is for my sons to work hard, 
take pride in what they do, 
and know the value of not always finishing first.

I want them to fail in some things 
so their pride in their own abilities will be realistic 
and they'll know their own personal limitations.

Sometimes, the greater lesson is in our failures...
and our limitations are often what 
lead us to the cross for help."

-Brooke McGlothlin-
"For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.  But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor."

Galatians 6:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment