November 13, 2013

New Name!

You probably noticed I changed the name of this blog!  Probably like how rearranging furniture feels good, I felt like it was time to "rearrange" this blog, to get that fresh feeling again.  (And it does feel good!)

I'll keep posting lots of pictures of the boys, but I might start adding more of my rambling thoughts now and then.  After all, since I cut back my hours at work at the end of October (and as Erik puts it), I am "semi-retired" now ;)

Oh my new title comes from the ideas in the 23rd Psalm, that we are sheep in need of a Shepherd, and that even though we are sinners and don't deserve it, God is merciful and loving, so we get THE Shepherd!!!

Here it is for your enjoyment!

A Psalm of David.

23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters. 1
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness 2
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 3
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely 4 goodness and mercy 5 shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell 6 in the house of the Lord
forever. 7

No comments:

Post a Comment