May 13, 2016

...much more grace than mine...


"Do we allow our children to approach us with confidence, knowing we will receive them in a spirit of grace?  So often I get angry, and I yell and give them 'hard face' looks and sigh when they want me again.  I can be so ugly.  Their little spirits are filled with much more grace than mine is.  They are quick to forgive me and love me in spite of my bad behavior toward them.  They teach me how to love well.

I want to be a safe place for my children.  I want them to see that my arms are open and I love them no matter what they do.  I want them to have confidence that their mama is on their team, whether they spill a glass of milk and break my favorite mug, or whether they scream at their sibling with harsh words, or whether they get out of bed fifty times, or whether they lie to me about something, I'm still on their team.

I get them.

I am them.

We are all just a work in progress."

-Desperate-
Sarah Mae & Sally Clarkson



Hebrews 4:16
"Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

No comments:

Post a Comment