September 30, 2015

"Praying for Boys" ~ End of the Month Wrap-Up



"I've been on the bottom of too many wrestling piles to believe that aggression in men isn't commonplace.  It may not manifest itself in the same way for all of them, but it's there nonetheless.  For the physical boys, it shows up in their need be on the top of the wrestling pile.  For the intellectuals, it shows up in their need to score the highest on the exam or be at the top of the class.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with a little aggression.  I don't want to break my boys of their aggressive streak, and I'm learning not to be afraid of it.  But I do want to teach them how and when to use it. 

One of the best ways I can think of to do this is to train them in gentleness."

-Brooke McGlothlin-

Raising Gentle Boys


"In your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy,
always being prepared to make a defense to anyone 
who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you;
yet do it with gentleness and respect."

1 Peter 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment